Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby Socks

I have been trying to find a workable pattern for a pair of baby socks for Nicky's baby shower. I started with Cat Bordhi's Little Sky socks. The first problem I had with them was that even after reducing the number of stitches by about a third, the sock was just was too big. When I got almost down to the toe, it was also really strangely shaped. I didn't even bother taking a picture of it at that point - I just frogged it and started over with Charlie's Wiggle Room socks.



The first problem with this next pattern was the Wiggle Room toe. The book describes it as having "gently rounded corners". I worked this two different ways, and both times ended up with a toe that is pointed on each outside corner, and concave in the center.



At this point I'm just going to frog it and start over with the Little Coriolis pattern again. It's going to be too big for this gauge, but hopefully I can adjust it and make it work, since I had good luck with it the first time.

Oh, the one positive thing is that this pattern had cables! I did the cables with no problem. Too bad that my first really successful cables have to be ripped out. Oh, well.

No comments: